Tuesday, October 21, 2014

KJV Only. . . Or Not?

     Please forgive this post, because it may, to some, seem a little petty.   I read a couple of weeks ago that there was going to be a special speaker at an Independent Baptist church in the area, and although I was not surprised, I was, in fact, disappointed.  Some of you will recognize how the first part of this letter is addressed, but I will not say here who wrote the letter.

October 19, 2014

Dear Pastors:

BANK 2 CEO, ROSS HILL, A FRIEND OF OURS SINCE THE EARLY 1970s, SPOKE THIS AM AT OUR CHURCH. . . [END]



     I believe Ross Hill is a good man, and I have heard him speak in the past.  The reason, though, that I bring this up, is to point out that as Independent Baptists, we are pretty picky about who we let stand behind our pulpits.  I have nothing against Ross Hill.  He has done a lot of good things for a lot of people, but he does not use the King James Version of the Bible, which we believe is the ONLY Bible for English speaking people.

     There is not enough space here to declare why we believe this, but if you will read the book that I was required to read in Bible college, I think that will help you to understand.  The book is called "The Final Authority" by Dr. William P. Grady.

     I will also point out here that Ross Hill is not even Baptist.

     All of this, and the "Independent Fundamental Baptist" is ok. . . may I even say pleased, that this person spoke at their church.  Is it really ok to have a man preach using something that we don't believe is the Bible?  No.

     Again, please forgive me if  you think this is a petty post.  To me this is not really a petty issue, but is one of the foundations that our faith is built upon.  Without this unchanging pillar, we as Christians have nothing to stand on.

Edit:  BTW, This is not the first time that this has happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment